This guide provides all the knowledge and resources you will need to travel independently, without being in a tour group, even in regions off the beaten track. Recently revised, with links to many useful websites and information on traveling in Europe, North America, South America, Central America, Southeast Asia, China, and India.
> Order from Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
- Is it Safe to Travel Independently?
- What do I Need to Know about Passports and Visas?
- Communicating while Abroad
- Dealing with Money
- Which Items Should I Pack?
- Traveling Without a Tour Guide
- Selecting and Booking Lodging
- Traveling in Europe and North America
- Traveling in Lesser Developed Countries
- Deciding on Travel Destinations
- Traveling on a Budget
- Traveling to Places Where You Don’t Speak the Language
- Relating to People of Foreign Countries
- How to Deal with Beggars and Touts
- How to Avoid Dangerous Situations
- Special Concerns for Women Travelers
- Travel Medicine